Best Practices for Successful Video Interviews
Video is an attractive format for brand marketers. According to Nielsen, in Q2 2018, marketers were reporting video ad completion rates of 83%. One particular video format that brand marketers should leverage are Video Interviews.
Video interviews are an engaging, interactive, and easy way to convey long-form messages. Brands can also gain trust by leveraging video interviews. Captiv8 used a video interview with Toyota Mirai, by sending an ecologically friendly Influencer to the EMA Impact Summit to interview members of the Toyota team as well as eco-minded celebrities. Video interviews help share content in an easier way: topics which may require in-depth explanations are easily handled in this Q&A style. Video interviews also provide visuals vs. long form text.
Here are some ideas for interview-style video content:
- Interview talent about an exciting new product/topic to help create buzz around it,
- “Day-in-the-life” interviews which provide a behind-the-scenes look into brand culture,
- Destination video tours to help paint a picture of the brand,
- Interviewing industry subject matter experts to gage buy-in.
Here are a few best practices while filming:
- Research and understand the topic to start thinking on the right track,
- Stick to prepared talking points and keep responses concise,
- Speak slowly, clearly, and conversationally,
- Be aware of the camera, if walking around.
Remember: The interviewed talent is not only representing the brand, but themselves as well. Make sure to have a clean, polished look and appropriate clothing – no third party logos or brands.
Want to learn more about how to leverage video interviews for your next campaign? Contact the team at Captiv8 today.